Monday, October 14, 2013

Some of My Favorite Things



Today I am hosting an event at the Tabby Cat Club, My Favorite Things - My Way.  You might be familiar with the song, My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music.  We kitties are singing all about our favorite things.  Here is my rendition:

Gravy on kibble and whapping on sisters,
Playing THoE til we all have blisters
Catching mousies and tangling up strings
These are a few of my favorite things.


Scratching in boxes then waking the mom
Snuggling under blankies and licking her palm
Hiding in dark spots, ripping up box springs
These are a few of my favorite things.


When the mom yells
When the blog froze
When I'm sad a tad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!

I hope you liked my singing!  I usually leave that to Carl, being a very quiet kitty myself - except during car rides and baths.  Don't forget to stop by the Tabby Cat Club to hear more of your favorite tabby friends singing about what they love most.

17 comments:

Cats Herd You said...

We LOVE your song! We were meowing along with it the whole way.

Pat Hatt said...

haha still get a kick out of you destroying box springs

Pat Hatt said...

Nice rhyming too btw

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I loved your song, Oui Oui! You really have a way with lyrics.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Those are some great Favrit Things...

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That's just brilliant, Oui Oui! We had Mommy sing the whole thing to us and we LOVE it! :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

What wonderful favourite things and we loved your singing so we joined in the choruses.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Katie Isabella said...

OH OUI OUI! That was a fabulous song! I LOVE your lyrics and I know too that Carl (handsome man cat!!) will sing it tonight to mom and dad and the rest of you. Angel Admiral will keep time up there on her cloud! YOu look adorable in your box and of course, you were NOT scratching. It was all in your mom's imagination

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was soooooo much fun!!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

OH Oui Oui we were all singing along!
How beautiful.

The Meezers or Billy said...

very nice singing Oui Oui!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, we LOVED this!! We had our mom sing it out loud so we could join in. Purrs...

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we loved yur song guys....we like....trout, flounder, sea bass, toona, salmon, perch, mackerull, N treetz....oh, butter N donuts two...N naps :)

Katnip Lounge said...

Mommy lost it at: THoE until we get blisters!

MOL!!!!

meowmeowmans said...

That was SO much fun, Oui Oui! Thank you for hosting such a great event. :)

The Island Cats said...

Those are some of our favorite things too! :)

Kitties Blue said...

Oh we love this post. The participation badge is super cute and listing your Favorite Things in song was meowvalous. Mom says she has always loved that song, but that your rendition was the best ever. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo