Friday, September 23, 2011

FORMERLY FERAL FRIDAY

(Mica Minnie Moo)
I have to talk fast cause the Lady is yammering about some award.  Its been hard to find the room to talk here at Twinkletoes.  There are so many kitties and the Lady is all Blah Blah Blah.  She could go on for weeks without a breath!  But finally!  I wanted to say I've been giving the Lady head bumps and cheek markings.  She smells much better now so I've allowed her to scratch me if shes sitting in a chair and its not too bad, it actually feels sorta good.  She hasn't tried to grab me or bake me in a pie.  I've even rolled on the floor a little.  I don't let her do it if she's standing, and maybe I never will.  I've been snuggling and head bumping at night more than I used to.  Honestly!  I surprise myself!  If it gets to be too much I still jump off the bed for a while, but I come back.

When the Lady says my name, I pretend I don't hear.  She doesn't even get an ear flick.  Maybe she'll get those cricket sounds, you know?  She told me she knew better, then one day I forgot and came over.  I really blew my cover!  I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but she better not expect me to come all the time. I may not feel like it!  I think it made her happy cause she said it was about time.  Silly bean!

The Mom wants to say thank you to all the kitties and moms who have given her advice about her stove and how to post the award, among other things.  She figured posting the award wasn't too hard, but wasn't sure how to do it.  The other day Cat Wisdom 101 gave us the award which we appreciate and feel honored to have.  There are many kind and sweet people in CB, so it was difficult to know who to pass it on to.  There are so many worthy people!  The Mom picked 2 people who have unselfishly helped kitties in need.  The first person is Marg who, without a second thought, took in Maggie & Mahoney, and would have taken on the rest of the family if it had been possible.  The second person is Lucy's Mom.  She took in Annie knowing she would require expensive surgery.  Many people would never have considered helping an animal like Annie.  There was no time for Annie, Lucy and her Mom to develop an emotional bond or even much of a relationship.  Both of these women are motivated by the bigness of their hearts and they should be an inspiration to us all.  They are to me!

11 comments:

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

It's our hope that more ferals become 'formerly feral.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Our greatest wish is that no cat (or other animal) should be without a furever home.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Admiral Hestorb said...

I am so happy that you're getting your mom to the place she needs to be to be of service to you. And if you accidentally love her..why that's alright. You'll fins she loves you furry much too.
Thank you so much for coming to see me while I was in the hospital. xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved award, and I am glad you have been able to post it - I have to admit I didn't know what do to with my first award either.

Marg said...

Oh thanks so much for passing that award on to us. We are just thrilled.We are so glad that you got the award too. You certainly deserve it. Conga rats to ya. Have yourselves a terrific week end.

The Meezers or Billy said...

you are doing some good training of your mom!!!!

concatulations on your award!

Annie Bear said...

Minnie, you're so funny surprising yourself with your love to your mom!

Thank you so much for this award! You're so sweet! I'll do my best to post on this within the next few days.

Katnip Lounge said...

Minnie, watch out...it ALL leads to the Stew Pot! ~Scouty

Don't listen to Scouty, Minnie, he's a crazypants. Scritching feels GREAT, and Mom-lubbins are the best around!

meowmeowmans said...

Minnie, you are doing a fabulous job training your human! We are impressed! :)

Concats on your great award!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Minnie
We love the sound of that "former feral"! Especially the former part. YOU are doing a fabulous job of training your new Mom. Keep it up and you'll love it!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Being formerly feral is a wonderful thinga, Congrats on such a nice award and you passed it to two of the best!