Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

The Tale of Two Traumas, Fini.

Am I looking sincere and innocent here? 

Kitties, I have wonderful news!  The Furnace Guy came today and no one got lost!  No one imagined dead kitties and no one started crying.  True, when the mom got home, she was taking no chances.  She made sure I was in her room and shut the door.  Then she put Mica Moo in her safe room and shut that door.

The man came, did what he had to do and then he left.

Then the mom opened the doors to let us out.  MMM left her safe haven, but the mom didn't see me so she assumed I was still under her bed.


A couple hours later she still hadn't seen me, but as she was walking towards her room, she looked in MMM's safe room, and there I was!

Now, the door to the safe room has 2 baby gates stacked on top of each other to keep Carl out so MMM's safe room is safe from him.  (She doesn't like him.)  He's a little too old and chubby to jump over or climb 2 gates, so he never even tries.  When I was a kitten, I could do 3 gates, but now I don't do any.  I wait for someone to let me in or out.  And there I was, waiting to be let out.

One of the baby gates from MMM's room.

The question is, how did I get in?  Ever since I hurt my eye last May, I won't touch them, leading the mom to believe that was how I hurt my eye.  Also, when kitties climb or jump the gates, they make a big thump on landing.  There wasn't any thump!  So, maybe I used magic?

I bopped myself in the eye
and have a little scar to show for it.

Hee, hee!  What do you think?  The mom thinks it was magic.


BTW, we learned in the comments there are a whole lot of kitties that mysterppeared* on their poor moms.  It seems just about every kitty we know has pulled that little trick.  The mom was shocked at the number of really bad kitties!

*  The mom's word for a mystery disappearance.

21 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

Our mom locked us in her bedroom when the men replaced our heater so we wouldn't slip out.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Of COURSE it was magic, Oui Oui! It is just beyond human comprehension.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Aren't all kittehz capable of magik? We think so! XOXO

Gigi said...

You've learned to apparate, haven't you? Good job. Professor Dumbledore will be pleased.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

There's magic in every kitty! Some more potent than others. Hee hee.

Marg said...

Oui Oui, you just know how to get in that room. We won't tell. We can disappear very easily. Poor Mom, you kitties are just wearing her out. Have a great day.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You look the very picture of innocence in that picture, Oui-Oui!

When I was a little girl, I would disappear for hours on end. #1 would call and look but she would never find me. Our house is just full of wonderful nooks and crannies!

Purrs,
Tama-Chan

Angel Simba said...

However you did it, I bet you won't ever tell!

Anonymous said...

Kitties have a knack for sneaking into places they shouldn't be!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I agree, it is magic and I have done that a time or two as well!

Katie Isabella said...

I will tell you darling girlfurriend...we are master of the airways meaning we can appear and disappear with the ease of blinking an eye. Just like the Cheshire cat.

Pat Hatt said...

Yeah magic indeed, never tell the humans how it is done.

Marilia said...

=)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

uz boys iz gonna tell carl ewe said him iz a big chubby N him canna jump de babbee gate....

N speekin oh magic...sew like wear WUZ carl all this time N how did HIM magically ree a peer...

uh huh.....

XOXO

:)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh yes that magical disappearance does put a few gray hairs in Mom's heads!

Kitties Blue said...

(formerly commenting as Janet Blue) Mom has tried that double-decker baby gate thing to no avail. That's why the humans screened in the bottom deck last year. We're glad they couldn't keep us contained 'cause it gave us a wonderful playground. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

We gladz today'z episode waz a Safe one fur All ^.,^
And Sweet Oui Oui, we thinkz it waz Magick too ^.,^ jus ask Lolly, but watch owt fur doze landingz!!

yearz ago da dad put up a screen door to keep us owt ov trouble, needless to say what we did to da screen! HA!! ^.,^ den da dad put pexi glass half way up ofur da screen........ ^..^ and him and da mom said "HA HA" to us ^..^

♥♥♥xoxoxo

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

YAY!! So glad it all went well!

Cats Herd You said...

We're so glad that there was no crying today. Happy endings are wonderful!

Of course she used magic. Every cat owner has passed an empty room, heard a sound in said room, and discovered a cat bathing in the middle of the (formerly) empty room when no cat passed the doorway. It's powerful cat magic.

meowmeowmans said...

Of COURSE it was magic, right, sweet Oui Oui? :)

Moosey almost mysterppeared this morning. Luckily the dad figured out quickly that he was in the closet (and happy as a clam ... MOL)!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Shhhh!!

We are not supposed to let the hoomans know about our magic!

We do the mysterppeared sometimes too. Dad finds me under the couch or Buddy under the night stand or Fitz in the linen closet. We have a few more but they are super-secret!

Purrs