Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mica's Kitty Art Korner

One of the things I love about my new home is being able to express myself artistically.  This is me with one of my first pieces.  I call it "Kitchen Spoils".


This is the finished art.  Notice how I bit off a couple pieces and carefully placed them around the main object in an artful manner!

However, the Lady wasn't happy I used her breakfast, so I had to promise not to use food anymore.  Between you and me, if a really great idea comes to me and I need to borrow some food, I think we know I will.

So, here are some of my latest works. The theme is "After Breakfast" - cause you know eating is more important than anything!  I may never tire of this theme.  I hope you enjoy the show!






Sweet Oui Oui Sugar Bee was purry excited and wanted to help.  She is a skilled cardboard shredder so we decided to use her talents in our first collaborative effort.  I think it was a success!


I hope you enjoyed our show, and are inspired to create one of your own!  I also wanted to say all art is produced exclusively by me (except the piece Oui & I did together), without help or staging by well meaning people.

14 comments:

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

We much admire artistic expression in kitty bowls. Merlin used to leave a certain toy in his bowl as a sign that the food was unacceptable. He quickly trained us to his high standards.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

SS was hoping that I wouldn't take your advice and follow suit. Yes, toy in food bowl seems to be a very popular inspirational idea.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Your art is a more interesting and engaging than most of the modern "art" the mom's seen in galleries!

Marg said...

You sure are a great artist. We like to decorate our good bowls too but you do a first class job, that is for sure. Those also look like some fun toys. Have yourselves a great day and Yay, we could leave a comment. Take care.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

The artistic ability of cats is so underappreciated! Thank you so much for showing your talent. I nominate the one with the paper towel (looks like a #1) and two dishes for the Louvre!

Have a good weekend!

Tom
xoxo

Admiral Hestorb said...

Your art is stunning and I'm so glad you gave a show to present all of your creations to us.

By the way, we tried 4 seperate times to leave a comment yesterday but the word verification thingy would never allow us to. We hope we can today.

Hannah and Lucy said...

You certainly have the flair to produce a masterpiece to be displayed in the best galleries worldwide.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Katnip Lounge said...

Your Art is marvelous! Ours is mainly cardboard and Bomit media, but we see that objet d'art may have to be explored...

Unknown said...

Hope this comment will go on - it wouldn't post it yesterday. Kizzie says she likes your art and is now inspired to try something similar. Little bean already creates many installations at home, however, so cat art may not be too popular here.

Oskar said...

You've got a real eye!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Tamago said...

We very much enjoyed your artwork!! One of my boys loves to show his art work too :-)

Annie Bear said...

I'm very interested in this art form. We've never tried it here before. We mainly leave artistic puke stains on the carpet. Also, we agree with Fuzzy Tails!

The Island Cats said...

That is quite impressive, Mica. You need to have a showing in some gallery, we think.

Judi said...

Thanks for participating in Weekend Cat Blogging! We have posted a round-up here:

http://judi-mindovermatter.blogspot.com/2011/09/weekend-cat-blogging-327-round-up.html